Thursday, May 1, 2014

It Is Upon Us...

Well we saw the apartment we are moving into and all is a go!!  We sign the papers this weekend and the Rebecca wants to move in next week.  I don't think she fully took in the fact that I work and Monday through Friday job 8 to 5.  Though, it looks like things might work out just fine.  I'm just a natural worry wort type of person.  I like to have all my ducks in row and make sure I think of all 20 angles to make sure nothing will go awry. 

Aside from moving stuff, I just heard that Butterick Patterns has redone their Regency pattern.  I think most Regency enthusiasts would agree with me in saying this pattern is bollocks.  This pattern is made for a modern day figure without taking in the account that Regency stays (or corset) are needed to give you the proper silhouette.  I feel like this pattern could turn south and give many women the pregnant silhouette that all women try to avoid.  If you have a properly fitted set of stays and dress you love, all women can avoid looking frumpy and pregnant.  If you're looking for a quick, simple make this is for you.  Though I feel you will be stuck with an ill-fitting dress you may never want to wear again.  

Check out the pattern here. 

There are many options available for those who look to start up in Regency re-enactment, do not give up hope.  Keep on searching or if you find there is a dead end, you could always create a group your self.  Sometimes people just need a little encouragement that they're not the only ones out there.

Until next time intrawebs.  Enjoy this picture of the oodles and oodles of buttons I scored....for free!!!

 
This girl is out to enjoy the 90 degree weather outside in Portland today, a quick walk up to the store to get some FroYo!

No comments:

Post a Comment