Sunday, April 27, 2014

Its Official...Moving Day is Coming

It's just about official, moving day is soon upon me!

Currently I am living in Portland with two roommates (Rebecca and Mike) in a small two bedroom apartment.  It was soon decided that due to our multiple crafty hobbies, we did not have enough room in our apartment for all my dress makings and Rebecca's multiple crafting hobbies.  

Over the last six months we've been trying to find a three bedroom place that would give us the extra room for a crafting room.  About a week and a half ago we found a place and applied!  So far everything is a green light and should be moving into the place in two weeks!

I can't wait to be settled and have extra room for my dress form, cutting boards, sewing machine, fabric.  UGH! YAY!  This will help me to get my Etsy shop Northanger Savvy up and running smoothly!

Currently I'm trying to complete a day dress for myself.  It's made of a baby pink cotton gauze, with accent trim in a dusty rose pink.  This is the gown I'm basing it off of:

 

It's been a work in progress for a month.  I have just the bottom of the dress to finish.  Hemming the gown and placing the three rows of pink ribbon on the bottom!

Also I've found a recently found a good knock off pair of regency shoes.  If you are a re-enactment buff, you know about American Duchess Shoes.  The best historical reproduction shoes around.  With them being the best, they do run a high cost that makes them fully worth it, but if you're like me, I'm always looking for a bargin or a good knock off.  I've found these Laced Oxford Shoes from Payless Shoe Store for $24.99. 


I ended up buying them in the brown since I thought they looked better like leather than the black ones.  

Historical Reenactment doesn't need to be an expensive adventure.  Look for deals and knock off.  As long as you feel like a million bucks, everyone else is going to see how well you shine and never know the difference.  This is my goal with Northanger Savvy.  A bargin and beauty in one gown.

Until next time intrawebs, this geek is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment