Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hello World!!! Isn't that how you start these things?

Hello Intrawebs!

My name is Kelly and I'm a local inhabitant of Portland, OR.  I've lived here for the past 3 years and each year that goes by I love this city more and more.  

Two years ago I was new to the area and looking to make new acquaintances when I stumbled upon a friend in England who would partake in a year tradition of dressing up in Regency period clothing and enjoy an evening with other people dressed in period wear and dance the night away.  Now I had always been a history buff, always enjoying period dramas and the fabulous costumes they damsels in distress were wearing.  When I heard of this in England, I automatically wished there was something near me that I could do this same thing.  

Instantly I hit Facebook in hopes of finding what I was searching for and stumbled upon The Oregon Regency Society. A group of individuals dedicated to the appreciation of Jane Austen and all the greats for the Regency period.  After reading up about the group and seeing the many different types of events they held, I made the choice to join in and see what would happen.  Two weeks later I was meeting up with one of the ORS leaders and trying on a set up!
Ever since then I've been hooked and trying to learn as much as possible about sewing and making these dresses.  With the help of Nora (ORS Leader) she helped me to know the basics of sewing and making these dresses come to life. 

I've made 8 dresses for my self and friends since I first learned about this society and it's been such a fun journey and has become one of my most favorite hobbies to come.  Recently I've had an itch to share my hobby with others and open up and Etsy shop.  I want to be able to sew pre-made dresses and sell them to others to enjoy and part take in the pleasures of the Regency Era and re-enactment.

The next few months join me in the crazy process of starting up my shop, enjoy a few laughs (and maybe a beer) and random moments!

Welcome one and all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment