Sunday, May 18, 2014

Ribbon Ribbon and More Ribbon

It's Sunday, Funday, right?! 

This Sunday is spent hand sewing ribbon to the bottom of my dress.  Slowly and surely it is coming together.


Here I've got the hem laid out and the pinning a measuring to make sure lines are straight is all completed on the first row.  Then onto hand sewing small stitches to keep it in place.


After multiple stitches, and two Disney movies (Pocahontas and Lilo & Stitch) the first row was completed and ready for the next row.


I've got the second row measured out to 1 inch in between rows.  I first tried out 2 inches, but it looked like too big of a gap.  I'm only 5' 6" and 2 inches looked too big a took over too much of the dress since the ribbon its self is 1 1/2 inches wide.  

Well, back to the sewing table and on to watching Hercules.  Yes, I'm feeling like I'm 5 today while sewing.  Don't judge! lol

Have a great Sunday!

Love & Lollipops

No comments:

Post a Comment