Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My First Commission!!!

Good day intrawebs!!

We are midsummer here in Portland and the heat is sticking with us like two fat thighs! lol 

Two weeks ago was the 7th Annual Pittock Mansion Picnic with the Oregon Regency Society.  Fun times were had by all!  It was lovely company and many good laughs.  Here are some pictures!


Here are 2 of my good friends wearing dresses I made.

Here is most of the group of people who showed up to the picnic.




You can visit The Oregon Regency Society on Facebook to check out more photos.

On another note.... I've finally taken my first commission dress~!!! WOOOO!!!

I'm making a girls dress that is a pink explosion of beauty.  This 10 year old picked out the fabric, ribbon, and buttons all on her own.  She did a great job and has been super exited each step of the way.  Here are a couple pictures of the progress.

Fabric is a pink cotton butterfly print.

I am using the Sense & Sensibility girls pattern
Two little short sleeves of cuteness
All pleats are places in the back of the dress.

Last thing left on this dress is to put in the hook and eyes and hem the dress.  This should be finished and ready for her to wear this weekend at the Dahlia Picnic with the ORS!

Time to get back to the sewing board.  Have a great night!

Love & Lollipops
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment